Saturday, May 23, 2009

4 Years Ago Today

I received a call from my agency telling me "It's a girl." How exciting. Then two days later I recieved her picture via UPS. I had just driven home from work so no pic of the UPS driver. He looked busy anyway but I should have stopped him and taken a pic anyway. Oh well. She was born on 4/22/04 and we traveled in July so at the moment of gotcha or family meeting whatever you choose to call it, she was 15 months and 3 days.

Now she is a big pre-school graduate. The practices lead me to believe the actual graduation was going to be really bad but there were only a few moments that one or two kids acted out. There were some honest kid moments that were pretty funny. But the pics are below. G picked her own outfit out by the way. I had a really cute feminine pant suit (kid friendly) that I wanted her to wear but she said her friend M wouldn't like it, grrrr! So she knows I will always allow her to wear her Chinese outfits if she asks so she did.

Walking in, too fast pic.



G with her diploma

At the reception table.

7 comments:

cheepette8 said...

Love the pictures. G looks so beautiful in the Chinese outfit. I hate when other kids pick out my kids clothes. I'm so glad next year they will have uniforms and I won't have to worry about "so and so doesn't like that shirt so I'm not wearing it". Happy referral day to you and G.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Thanks for answering my question! That is wonderful. Congrats on the little graduate! She looks so cute in her Chinese outfit. I'm hoping to get Leala a Vietnamese dress soon too!

Super Mommy said...

Oh I love referral day anniversaries!!

G looks so proud with her diploma!! What sweetness she is. Jasmine has her "graduation" on Tuesday. They're growing up on us Beverly!!

Doug and Terrye said...

Oh how sweet!!! No UPS driver came to our house, we drove to the next town to pick ours up a day early...I'm not a very patient person :)
You must be so proud of your graduate, she looks very smart!

Terrye in FL

Briana's Mom said...

Happy 4 year referral anniversary!

Vivian M said...

Happy 4 year referral anniversary!
Miss G looks amazing in her graduation cap and gown. Congrats G!!!

Marla said...

Congrats to you and Miss G, certainly something worth celebrating!