Wednesday, June 10, 2009

G Loves Swimming Lessons

YEA!!! She loves swim lessons. She has now gone three days and loves them this year. She can't wait to get there even wishing the night away to go. This is so much better than last year when she cried everyday and everynight before the lessons.

Yesterday we spent the afternoon with some FCC friends at the museum then at the coffee shop then at the Chinese market. Well, Asian market, I think it is a Vietnamese market nearby. But the smells other than the fish, smells like China to me. I showed her where to get the seasoned roasted seaweed G loves. Her almost 2 year old loves it too. That was about the same age G learned to eat it. Her daughter likes fish though where G doesn't.

So next week I should have pictures of the big swim finale. Her teacher said she is doing really really well. Her teacher said she has really good form. I wish we had a little swim team and maybe the school does. I think G would like that rather than dance or gymnastics.

She has headed out to my parents house for the afternoon and I am headed out there as well. Can't let them babysit all day.

G is still sleeping in her own bed so Saturday didn't ruin it. The Everything's a Dollar store is breaking me slowly. That is where the big prizes are coming from for the whole bed thing. I am really liking the store as I have mentioned before. Even if things are off brand, the off brands are still pretty good.

Oh and I still haven't a job, but I have a group interview possibly to schedule for the 17th. I have to do a presentation to a group of 20 or more. I am really not liking that. It is one thing to present for the job you have already but to present why a company should hire me, I just dunno. Plus it isn't a good salary but it has a car allowance with it which also means lots of travel, overnight travel. So really the negatives outweigh the positives on this whole presentation thing. I mean, making a fool of myself for a chance at a high paying job is one thing but for a job for which I probably won't stay long is not my kind of fun. I need a springboard job, you know, the one that gives me back confidence and a little money and I can springboard to a higher paying job?

So, that is rough update and where is everybody? I haven't seen any comments in a while? Where'd y'all go?

11 comments:

Ali said...

We bought one of those 3 ft pools a couple of weeks ago and I have a hard time getting the boys out of it! Too bad it's not big enough for them to really swim it though.

Marla said...

Way to go G, swim lessons are sooo important!

Good luck with the job thing, maybe it'll be better than you think.

cheepette8 said...

Way to go G. Can't wait to see pictures.

I hear you about the dollar store. The girls love it.

I'm praying for the job thing. I hope something comes up soon.

Slacking blogger is my poor excuse :).

Briana's Mom said...

So glad G is liking her swim lessons! Briana hates getting water in her eyes. I think I might do lessons next year.

Good luck on the job interview.

Heather BT said...

Just bopping in to catch up.
Haven't even had time to post much on facebook these days.
Life is good and school's out for the summer. I have Calli signed up for two (free!) day camps and VBS is next week.
Go for it at the job thingy, practice is always good. Maybe you'll need this skill for your next good job interview.

Super Mommy said...

Glad to hear G likes her swim lessons. I can't seem to find the time to take the girls - and for two it's pricey!

The presentation - I'd say bug out of it if you can . .. I wouldn't waste my time or energy on it if it's not something you really want or that suits you, ya know??

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yeah for Glenys!!! Lottie LOVES to swim, dive and see how long she can sit on the bottom of the pool.

I am still praying for your job situation and I know what you mean about the comments. I just let everyone know how much their comments mean to me but yikes...we aren't even out of the country yet and I know I will want to hear from my friends....and feel a little piece of home. I know I have noticed that several of the blogs I visit are not going to blog anymore because of family time. sigh.

AZMom said...

I'm sorry I have been amiss!! I promise to do better!

Yeah for G and swim lessons!! That is great! I also hope your group interview goes well!! Hubby has one tomorrow so we'll see where that may lead us!

Vivian M said...

I wish you the best of luck on your presentation!

So cool that Miss G loves swimming lessons now! Maybe she can teach Kerri a thing or two!

Donna said...

Kudos to Glenys on the swim lessons...once they get over their fear of the water, there's no turning back.

The job thing is a tough one...I'm sure you're dying to get back to work, but not at a job you already sense is a dead end. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

fricke92 said...

Good luck with the job. I feel for you. We have lots of friends in the same boat. At least go for the group interview, you never know where it might lead.