Monday, June 29, 2009

Well, That Was a Bust

In an effort to take the total boredom of the day out of my darling angel, we went to the dollar store and bought a generic slidingslip (intentionally misspelled). So G gets her swimsuit on, and I decide to fix her hair out of her face like a mom of twins talked about on her blog. (No linking; to lame to ask permission). Well, G kept telling me she didn't want her hair like that (not that she knew what it was going to look like mind you). I kept reassuring her that it would be cute and only she and I would see it.

I got it finished and showed her; then the waterworks started, but not on the slide. G was close to hysterical. So I offered to take out the ponies. I cut them out so they wouldn't hurt but now G was hysterical for a different reason. She now didn't want me to take them out. Too bad, too late, I did, all but the last one, just enough to make her hair stay out of her eyes, a waste of good hair bands too.

I got the slide ready and the water on and even the baby shampoo to make it more fun. G still continued to cry/scream. I did my darndest to ignore and kept telling her to come play. I got fed up with the tears and just said forget it. I turned the water off and came in. G went to her bedroom to cry. I told her not to come out until there were no tears. Yes, I felt/feel badly that she cried alone in her room but dangit there was no need for the tears she cried in the first place.

She is awfully particular about her hair. I don't understand it either. She wants it long, but when I try to keep it out of her eyes she balks. Normally, I don't care if she just wears a barrette that I have to keep putting back in but when she swims or is in water the hair really stays in her face. I think she has fallen asleep, at 4:30pm. So much for the rest of the night.

Today, I hate not working so G could be in school. Today, I really hate not being able to keep her in school. It isn't even that we need a break from each other as we spent most of the weekend at my mom's. Yesterday, the neighbors asked if she wanted to join them in their water fun and she said no because she didn't want them to see her?!?!?!? I think it was because the four girls already playing were just too loud and rambunctious and G wasn't initially invited.

I don't know what the deal is, really, but my cycle is on the way so I am already overly emotional, too danged emotional to deal with a hysterical 5 year old over a few ponies in her hair. Tomorrow is our therapy appt. Couldn't come at a better time!

2 comments:

Livin' out loud said...

Such a personality! Isn't it amazing at such a young age?! Sometimes I am like WOHA, whats this going to be like later lol!!
Hugs
Susan

Vivian M said...

Kerri was funny about her hair for a very long time, and I could not put anything in it. We are slowly getting better at it.

Hope you feel better soon!