Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Funny Comment Heard and Other Ramblings

Now with pictures. Here is our dog, Clementine, trying to get a belleh rub. Yes, I was able to ignore the power of the belleh!









Here is our sunflower again. Can you tell I am proud? I have never grown one. Sad thing is I planted more than one seed, dang it. Dad was gracious to stand by it. My dad is 6'1" so you get the idea.
I am dying to cut it and bring it in the house. My mom says it isn't ready to cut and bring in. Then she asked me if I knew what a sunflower seed looked like. I told her that I did but that the seed I planted didn't look to me like a seed you eat.
So yesterday at Wally's World G and I were checking out and the lady looked at G and said, "My, isn't she a pretty little thing. She must look like her daddy."
I said, "Why, yes, yes she does. And she looks just like her mother too."
The lady looked again at me quite surprised and I said, "She is adopted from China."
Then the lady said, "Did you have to travel to Korea to get her?"
I said, "Yes, I traveled to China to get her."
That was a first for the implication made. I was quite bemused, totally not offended, not necessarily caught off guard either. I asked G if the comment bothered her and she told me she wasn't "mattering about it." Of course at the time G kept asking me what daddy that lady was talking about, heh.

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Okay that may top the questions of all questions!!! She was adopted from China----did you have to travel to Korea to get her? LOL


People make me laugh. I think the real problem is they are not listening;)

Great sunflower Bev!

Sharon said...

Love that flower!! And pool too. I thought you might like this...
Fairness' isn't giving my money to lazy people....



You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

.....Abraham Lincoln

Super Mommy said...

Yay - the sunflower is soooo cool!! Love it!!

People say the weirdest thing and think they have the right to, don't they? I guess she already had it in her head G was Korean - did you ask her what her heritage is by chance? I wonder what she'd say?