Thursday, July 09, 2009

Oh My?!

It is 8:30pm and G fell asleep watching the Sound of Music. I guess I can understand. It was the boring part, you know where they are being chased across the boarder by the Nazis? So she was wrapped up in her brown blankie hardly holding herself up right in her zebra chair. I think the way she wrapped herself up she was holding herself right way up with her own weight. I picked her up and started to her door when she, through sleepy eyes and mouth said, "I wanna watch that." So I sat down less than a minute and now she is in her own bed sound asleep. I guess 6 hours in the pool will do that. We swam for almost 3 hours this morning, broke for lunch and a small rest (watching PinkyDinkyDoo) and then back to the pool for another 3 hours.

G is now jumping off the side of the deep end without noodle or kick board (her only floatation devices) and swimming to the rope which at this pool is well past half way. I stand at the rope just in case. I bought us both goggles and we both swam from side to side (shallow end) and looked at each other under water. We dove for the dive sticks and just had some fun together. So far no sunburns, YEA!

We have another pool of a friend that we can go to for a couple of hours a day (late afternoon) without having them be there but due to no bathroom we haven't been able to stay longer than 2 hours. They have a diving board too. The KOA pool though is the bigger pool though it costs, thus the 6 hour swim day. Maybe I should bring a picnic and literally stay all day! No pics as I don't want my camera around the pool. G has learned to float on her back but she has forgotten how to do a front and back flip. How do you forget?

5 comments:

Penelope said...

She is floating and swimming around without help already? That is impressive!

Briana's Mom said...

Wow! Six hours - no wonder she fell asleep! If I had swam six hours, I would have been asleep much earlier than that. :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I love the way my girls sleep in the summer because of the pool! It is awesome! And uh...my girls will just go in the grass if I would let them....lol!

You know I have tried to come here several times in the past few days and as soon as I open your blog it gives me a message something like "operation aborted" and the then it says it can not open this page....sigh. Greg says I may need to change and not use Internet Explorer. I do NOT want to save all of my blogs all over again;)

mommy24treasures said...

oh looks like fun:)

Vivian M said...

We need a pool!
Glad you are both enjoying summer!