Wednesday, August 26, 2009

G Conversations

Last night while helping G with her bath, she said, "Mama, do you know (boy'sname)?"

I said, "Um, no I don't think so. Boy'sname is in your class?"

She said, "Yes."

I said, "Why do you ask?"

She said, "He likes me. He telled me 'Do you want to be my guhrlfwiend?'"

Trying to hold back the panic I felt rising, I said, "Well, did you tell him your mama said you are too young?"

She said, "Yes. Well, I telled him 'no' fuhrst and he said, 'why not?' and I said, 'because I am too young and widdle."

I said, "That is right you are too young and little."

She said, "I can only do that when I grow up, right?"

Wow, kindergarten, unbelievable. I didn't think this started until 4th grade. I guess I better start the talk about what to look for in a boyfriend now, just short conversations for now but a foundation is def. needed.

6 comments:

Mom 2 Four said...

Love it, she knew exactly what to say. What big girl!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

aww at least she knew what to say!

Frenzymom said...

That is great she knew what to say. I can't believe how young it starts now.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Good girl Glenys!!!!!!! Ummm...unfortunately they learn a little too much in kindergarten, I have good friends that are k-teachers:(

Gretchen said...

Yeah, that whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing starts too early. The good news is the "break up" quickly, too! :)

Christy said...

That is hillarious. They go through a boy girl thing in kinder and it sometimes sretches until 1st grade and then they want nothing to do with the opposite sex until about 4th to 5th grade and sometimes later so you will have to deal with this right now but it will lay dormant for a few years and then come back with a vengence-- haha!

Christy