Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No Tears by G Nor Me





But as you can see there were no smiles either. G picked her outfit last night based on comfort level, meaning she is just more comfortable in a t-shirt and shorts (who am I to argue). School is stressful enough so I am all about the comfort.
The first pic is us leaving the house. She has apple, banana, grapes, graham crackers and water for lunch, all her choice. The second pic is of her handing the papers she signed last night about rules, discipline, computer usage, school nurse records etc to the teacher. The third is the pic I took before I left.
I may have already caused a stir because the blue playdoh was actually at another kids spot but that kid wasn't there. In an effort to keep tears back I switched. Well, when I left the building I ran into the other kid's mom who said they had been in the room already so he will know his playdoh was switched. OOPS! I hope by the time he gets there the playdoh is put up or more blue comes out.

And I don't know who that kid at her table is though I did hear her mom tell her about the extra clothes in her back in case of accidents, poor little girl. One boy was already in tears when I left. For me, it wasn't quite as bad as I thought because being goal oriented, my goal was to get her to school on time and without tears that I didn't have time to be emotional. This afternoon, I will take her for a doughnut and milk to celebrate her good day or console her bad day. I am sure she will have a good day and if not, there is always tomorrow.

8 comments:

a little leprechaun said...

Hope to hear it went well!!!

Gretchen said...

Oh my goodness, I love her serious face!!! Hope she has a fantastic time at school!

Lauri said...

Hope her day went well... she looks a little nervous in those pics. I just noticed her shirt said " suck" on it...it reminded me that my nephews school bans all shirts like that... even if the word is in a sentence..

Super Mommy said...

No tears is a good thing! I'm sure she lightened up once you left and she got more comfortable.

Marla said...

Good for you both, enjoy the doughnut, they make everything alright.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh her little face makes me want to cry. At least she is not crying....the teacher has to peel Lottie off of me;)I continue to pray for my little G.

LaLa said...

Awww...what a sweetie...glad it went well even if she is all done for now : )

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Aww, she's so cute.. I hope the day went well!