Friday, September 04, 2009

Birthday Recap

On my mom's prompting, G gave me a birthday card where she wrote the date and her name inside. Then they gave me a balloon cause everybody needs a balloon on their birthday. Of course you know whom the balloon was really for right?

Then they bought me a red velvet cake, yum! That is one of my fav cakes in the world. And in case you think I would like chocolate as well, um, nope. Chocolate cake is not my fav. I know I am a living conundrum! I really am not a cake eater anyway.

Mom had dad grill steaks for me and him like we like them, red and warm on the inside, cooked on the outside. Then she fixed Chinese green beans which will also be lunch today, yum!

All in all it was a nice bday dinner. I didn't really want a recognition at all because of my current situation and the whole year long pity party I have been throwing myself. As of today that stops and I move on!!

My parents gave me some bday money which G promptly took wondering what she could buy at the dollar store, heh. She told me she needed toys and games worse than I needed anything, heh. When you have children, it is all about the kids huhn?

5 comments:

Donna said...

Good thing G wants to go to the dollar store. You can get her 1-2 items and then spend the rest on yourself. Happy belated birthday. May it be a terrific year.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

haha this made me laugh. I'm glad you guys had a lot of fun.

The Byrd's Nest said...

lol! Glenys is so funny...I don't like cake either BUT I Love chocolate but not chocolate cake...just strawberry or white cake. I think that might make me stranger than you...ha!

Happy Birthday!
P.S. I personally don't like my steak where it can still "moo" at me though..... he he he

love you!

Kelly said...

Well it sounds like you had a good birthday and I see a trip to the dollar store in your future! :) Happy Belated Birthday!

Super Mommy said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday - you got to share it with your favorite peeps and eat some yummy food!!