Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Max Lucado Has Done It Again


He has written a book that goes right to the heart of where our nation is in fear. His new book, Fearless, out today, will help you see the truth about fear. One quote from the book I really liked is "Fear, mismanaged, leads to sin. Sin leads to hiding. Since we've all sinned, we all hide, not in bushes, but in eighty-hour workweeks, temper tantrums, and religious busyness. We avoid contact with God." How true that is.

I have begun a journey to dispel the fear in my own life. This fear I have lived with since the time I realized the world was not safe and my family couldn't keep me safe. I was five. Ever since then fear has truly been a factor in my life decisions or lack of decisions. Fear has even played a role in my striving for perfection (which no one attains).

Funny how this past week's three day conference also touched on fear, I have this book on conquering fear and my own realization of the need to conquer fear all came at the same time. Really though isn't that how God works? Doesn't He put all the tools, people or events in our hands to work with Him in our lives? Doesn't He love us enough to not leave us in our sinful fearing lives? He came to change us to be more like Him, not leave us living in the mire that sin makes of our lives.

Max Lucado has written a book that God can and will use in your life if you are needing encouragement and courage to face the fears in your life. Check it out. Don't just take my word for it. Read it then look to the One who said, "Fear not...."

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

First of all...you know how much I love Max Lucado...this book is going to be awesome! Do you know if it comes with a workbook or is it just "a book"? I need to check that out....great post!