Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Some Things I Wish to Remember

G and I were fixing a cucumber salad one day and after she cut them up for me she asked if she could do the ads. I had no idea what she was talking about. I said, "Yeah" half heartedly until I got the measuring cup down for the first ingredient. Then G started saying, "You said I could do the ads." Oh the ingredients, got it.

After her shower one night she was calling me to get her out. I said, "Hold on, I'll be right there." She yelled louder and louder. When I did get there, frustrated, I said, "You do not demand for me to come to you. I am the mama; I do not mind you, the child." She replied (without missing a beat), "Well, grammie and grandaddy do."

With the whole molluscum thing we have had to change the bedding every day. G helps me and one day she said, "Do we change it down to the blue?" Well, turns out she calls the mattress pad "blue" and no it isn't blue. It does cover a blue mattress but that happens to be covered by a white plastic cover for the just in case situations and for the cat's revenge.

The bumps look like they are starting to go away. Some other places on her skin though aren't doing as well, not healing well that is. She scratches the stew out of them too. Hopefully by the school's zoo outing she will be fine.

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I had a friend who dealt with this same skin issue many years ago with her daughter, it is not easy. I am so sorry for you.

But I'm glad you're recording these sweet, funny things she says. You'll treasure them so much some day.

Lauri said...

I say that very same thing to Livi..
"I am the Mama.. you obey me"


Hopes the bumps go away for good

Vivian M said...

We are still trying to get that message through to Kerri, she seems to think the world revolves around her, lol.
I love the conversations, they will be wonderful for Miss G to read someday.

AZMom said...

I hate when BB screams at me from the shower too. I like your reply and her reply was precious.

I hope the skin condition improves soon.

Huge hugs!