Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Going To See

This with a friend who is having a birthday today as well. I am going despite the piss poor decision of the president of Miramax to support a ped0phile. Only way to describe it, the decision I mean being piss poor. The movie trailer looks like it will be a great movie anyway so here is hoping for the best.

G is spending the night with her grammie and grandad even though grammie tried to pull off her cornea thinking it was a contact (don't ask) then threw up because of the half darvacet she took to control the pain, which hasn't.

There were no takers on the give away probably because folks in my area don't read me, hmmm. Oh and it is a school night so, yea, there you go. I have requested 3 seats though for another friend who may or may not be able to get off work. We shall see if it works.

I thought the third ticket was going to be for G even though it is a school night and the movie is rated PG-13. See what I do for you, my faithful reader? I really thought grammie had the flu, what with the throwing up and all, but it just is her extremely low tolerance for any pain medication stronger than an aspirin or Aleve. So G will be fine spending a school night with her two favorite people and them taking her to school or the bus which ever.

So yea, despite stupid elitist mentality, I am looking forward to the evening. I will be back tomorrow with my and my guest's thoughts on the movie for you, my dear reader, to make a helpful well thought out plan to either see or not see this movie. I will review it on it's own merits not on the president of the production company's faulty judgements. Now I need to decide what to wear!

A bit about the movie:
" The Boys Are Back starring Clive Owen and directed by Scott Hicks (Shine). Inspired by a true story, THE BOYS ARE BACK is a moving, wryly confessional tale of fatherhood, that intimately evokes both the fragility and wonders of family life. It follows a witty, wisecracking, action-oriented sportswriter Joe Warr (Academy Award® nominee and Golden Globe® winner CLIVE OWEN) who, in the wake of his wife’s tragic death, finds himself in a sudden state of single parenthood needing to learn to mother, as well as father his children. With turbulent emotions swirling just below the surface, Joe Warr throws himself into the only child-rearing philosophy he feels comfortable with: “just says yes.” Raising two boys – a curious six year-old and a rebel teen from a previous marriage -- in a household devoid of any female influence, and with an unabashed lack of rules, life becomes exuberant, instinctual, reckless . . . and on the constant verge of disaster. United by unspoken love, conflicted by fierce feelings and in search of the road forward, the boys of the Warr household, father and sons alike, must each find their own way, however tenuous, to grow up. Their story is not just about the transforming power of a family crisis -- but the unavoidable grace of everyday life and love that gets them through."

3 comments:

cheepette8 said...

I hope you have a great time at the movies and that your mom's eye feels better soon. I know how she feels. I haven't tried to rip the contact off, but I have had it stick to my eyes before.

AZMom said...

Hope you had fun! I've never heard of the movie or the Miramax scandal. I hope your mom's eye is better and that G had a great time!

Vivian M said...

Your poor Mom! I hope she gets better soon.

I hope you have a fun night out a the movies and Miss G has a fun night at the grandparents' home!