Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lidna's Random Dozen


1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.) I mix print and cursive. My daughter is learning to print in such a way to be able to transition to cursive. I suspect she will write more cursive when she is older because of this. I learned the ole stick and ball approach to print and my hand has a jerk motion to it so neither my print nor cursive is pretty.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist? I am a realist who loves to dream.

3. Billy Joel or Elton John? Billy Joel in concert; Elton John on CD.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan. I hate scary movies. Silence of the Lambs def.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? The day G got lost

6. What word do you misspell without fail? separate or seperate. In a business class in HS the teacher tried really hard to teach me to spell it correctly by either telling me there was "a rat" or not "a rat" in the word and it has confused me ever since. I can't ever get it right.

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at. oil painting/art

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time? alone time

9. Have you ever been on TV? I don't think so

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.) neither

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have? none

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning? painful financial ones.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Just hopped over from Lindas...

Wow, there really is nothing like that heart stopping moment when you can't find your child...so glad it turned out well! She's very cute btw : )

Enjoy your day!

Lindy said...

I used to have trouble spelling "separate." Now I remember that the word has two "E's" separated by two "A's" (I agree that "separate has a rat in it" is not very memorable. Another is the "r" in "separate" separates two like letters.")

[My latest spelling trick is in regards to the "S's" in the following words: Which would you rather experience TWO of - desert or dessert?]

Undercover-Princess said...

I mix print and cursive, also.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I loved reading this list...I misspell everything now that I am learning Spanish...so frustrating...I used to be an awesome speller!

P.S. I don't like either one of those pies either....chocolate for me!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

It has taken me a long time to get around to everyone, but here I am. You have very succinct answers! I believe you are the first to answer "neither" to the pie question. Thanks for playing along this week. Hope to see you next week.