Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Gutted One

A pumpkin that is. And it took much concentration as you can see in the first pic.

I am now toasting the seeds but don't know how long to leave them in the oven. I think I was supposed to let them dry first. I don't remember liking them after trying them last year but it was fun to do with G this year.

G drew the face on and I cut it out. I had thought about letting G cut but the thing was a bit thick. We didn't even lose a finger which was a distinct possibility with my clumsiness. And G said, "I didn't think it would turn out great but it did!"

I said, "Me either, G. I was afraid it wouldn't turn out good because of my cutting."






Maybe later this week we will light it outside.

video video

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You guys did a great job! Love the pumpkin. We are cutting ours Thursday. I love cutting those little creatures :).

Super Mommy said...

Really cute! We are skipping the whole carving thing this year, since none of us really like to do it anyway! ;0)

The Princess's Mommy said...

Great job!!! We haven't cut ours...I don't think LM knows about that just yet! LOL

Have a great weekend!
Monica