Monday, November 23, 2009

On a Lighter Note

Or otherwise titled, "The Drama That Is Kindergarten." Sunday morning as G and I ate breakfast she very seriously looked at me and said, "Mama, C is in lub with me."


I said, "C? How do you know?"


She said, "I saw it in his face and asked him."


I said, "You asked C if he was in love with you? Did you tell him you are too little?"

She said, "Yes, and he telled me he is."


I said, "Why did you ask him?"


She said, "I wanted to know because I don't want to fall in lub with him. I hope I don't fall in lub with him. Even when I grow up I hope I don't fall in lub with him."

I said, "I hope you don't too, baby."

Later that morning she was playing with her bitty baby whom she named Gracie Leigh Jane (I think. There is def a Gracie Leigh in it.) and I asked her if she wanted me to fix her to carry her. She agreed so I fixed her to wear the baby. They were going fishing you see and Gracie wasn't wearing socks so G didn't want her to get splinters in her feet.


By the way, this is the "I really want to have my picture taken but I might be just a bit embarrassed and/or proud of what ever the reason for the picture is" look. She can't replicate it on command either, I have tried to get her too. This is pure G emotion showing!

By the way, thanks for the comments on Ms. Cate. Her memorial service was Sunday afternoon and G did not attend. I would have let her, my mom was against it and G didn't want to wear a dress. Decision made, heh.

Three of her classmates were there with their moms. The little neighbor girl, P, and her family sat with us. I ended up holding her as she fell asleep in my lap, too much perhaps? Her little legs were jumpy. I told her mom, L, that she was chasing rabbits, heh.

The next big step will be cleaning out the classroom. They are not going to make a decision until after Christmas. Another Ms. C will be the permanent sub to help the principal make a decision.

5 comments:

Vivian M said...

Wow they start young, eh? Kerri already has three future husbands lined up, lol!

Kikilia said...

Just a question- why was wearing a dress so important?

I know it's "usual" but I think I would have let the Pipsqueak wear anything nice if she wanted to go, just for closure's sake.

I'm just curious.

kerri said...

So sorry to hear about Mrs.C...


I had to chuckle, my Jillian is in love too, with a different boy each week, LOL!!
Too cute!!

Shanti said...

Hi, there! Don't know if you saw or not, but you won the giveaway on my blog! Go check it out!

AZMom said...

What a cute picture. :) My daughter alternates between loving boys and hating them ! LOL