Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Welcome to the Home of Hack and Spit

Cough and wheeze. We both have a sinus infection. YIPPEE! The sounds at bedtime made by G and me are interesting to say the least. G is on antibiotics for ten days as well as flonase before bedtime and a codeine based cough medicine for night only. I am on the self prescribed sudafed which will take longer but will still clear me up. Sleep here is short and tempers for us both are shorter.

I kept G home yesterday because I felt she needed the rest to heal but she didn't rest. I did. I took a morning nap from 8 to 10:30 while she interrupted not much and played with her legos. Then she brushed her teeth and washed her face by herself without my help at all. She said she even used hot water to wash her face. I usually get her wash cloth ready for her to wash her face and then I put toothpaste on her brush for her but in the a.m. she brushes her own teeth.

G is in school today even though she was quite grumpy this morning too and told me she didn't want to be absent yesterday! Well, sorry babe, won't happen again for a long time if I can help it. She complained about all the work she will have waiting for her, heh. She said, "I only wike to play!" And that was said with the head moving side to side, hmmm, wonder where she learned that?

G has a desperate need to control and it is in controlling the little things that cause the battles to rage between us. They all seem to be such minor battles but built on top of each other creates many tears and really bad attitudes for us both. Hard to explain as no one really sees it outside of our house so therefore no one believes it or understands how it is not good to be that controlling as a child. It shows a lack of trust and not very good attachment. How do you explain to someone who isn't experiencing it or doesn't want to see it?

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

We know all about the control issues and the manipulations with Kerri. Hang in there. Our kids act very differently in the outside world than they do at home.
Hope you both get well soon!

Stephanie Boaz said...

I know about the control issues as well, and it is very hard, and also get very wearing on a parent. I hope you feel better soon! Take care.

K said...

Hope you all feel better soon.