Friday, November 27, 2009

Welcoming Black Friday

Yeah, so I welcomed it in at around 8:00 am. I am no Black Friday girl. That will be the Santa breaker because I will not be going to get things for future Christmases that I will have to purchase on the Friday after Thanksgiving to say Santa brought it!! It is worth the extra price for me to avoid the early morning and all the obnoxious crowds, not that I mean you if you are a Black Friday shopper cause I know you wouldn't be obnoxious!

Our Thanksgiving dinner was pretty traditional but G ate Ramen noodles which was so fine by me. We had a good time helping my aunt prepare dinner and just being together. G finally got the dogs to mind her and play ball with her. A cold front came through but the house is nice and warm.

The big disappointment came with the whole going to Opryland Hotel. About 12 years ago I went to a conference for work that enabled a group of us to go to the hotel and see the Christmas lights/decorations. We had dinner at one of the restaurants and watched the light show. It was magical. But things have def. changed. First, the lights are still wonderful but the actual decorations are not what I remember, there used to be vignettes of snow villages and carolers walked around singing to everybody. Even the events were (today) closed or cost extra. Plus there was a Pentecostal youth something or other and three different shows going on so the people were everywhere. So I would not recommend anyone going unless they wanted to spend the extra money and attend a show like the rockets or what-not; then it really might be magical. For us, not so much.

We may be driving home this afternoon or tomorrow depending. I need to get the dog and had no idea a Friday night stay would be involved thus I left only food enough for the cats for 3 days not and I can't remember about the water situation. Plus I know my cats will have poo'ed on everything just to get back at me for leaving them, never mind all the puppy pads I left out for them.

Plus, I really need to pick up the dog on Saturday which by the way I failed to mention that after G and I dropped her off, G fell apart. She hasn't missed her while we have been here, but while driving home to meet my parents G was very upset. I told my mom I could never get rid of the dog even if I wanted too because G was so upset at just dropping her off for the three day vacation.

Anyway, this has been fun and I am so glad I didn't have to get up early this morning! If you did, I hope you found the bargains of your dreams easily and without a fight! I truly don't begrudge you that!

2 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were within driving distance of Nashville!! We're only about 2 hours south of there! Thanks for the heads-up on the Opryland hotel. One thing I can cross off my list!!

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Monica

Super Mommy said...

I'm with you...I'd never do any Christmas shopping if Black Friday was the only day...I didn't get out in that mess either. G doesn't like turkey? My girls said it was chicken...and they ate it all up! Jasmine is a Ramen Noodle kid too.

Sorry about your Opry Land visit, sounds disappointing.