Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had great plans today. We were going to help deliver packages to those worse off than we for our church's youth group. Well we were supposed to be there at 8am, but at 7:15 I realized we weren't going to make it. First, I forgot to turn on the alarm, so we overslept. Second, G was sleeping soundly after a 3am waking from pain in her legs causing serious tears! And third, I wasn't sure that whatever hit me last night keeping me close to a bathroom was truly gone.

We had gone to my cousins last night for dinner and to open gifts with my uncle. My little cousin E is one school grade ahead of G, so mostly on their own they get along wonderfully.

Not having any money this year I baked my cousin's family a chocolate/raspberry cake and gave my uncle a small ornament of G. In return my uncle gave me a chaffing dish???? and G a doll that sings I'm a little tea pot. They are really kind to us even when we can't reciprocate. Sadly we didn't cut into the cake I brought. I really wanted to taste it, heh.

My parents gave my uncle a pen and pencil set that my 12 year old nephew made. It was really a pretty set. He has business cards too.

This morning we woke up at 10am. We had breakfast about 11ish then we did crafts. The first failed like a ball of fire with my stress level jumping up 20,000 notches. Why did it matter? I don't know, but the miscommunication that ended that first project so badly set a piss poor tone that I had to leave the room. Then we did it again and got it right, YEA! Us.

Now we are waiting to attend our church's advent service. This will be a yearly tradition for us. Growing up in the baptist church (at least around here) we didn't do advent. My childhood church is now celebrating advent so they too are having a service.

I am going to have to be careful about writing on the blog as G is reading now. Granted tough words still get by her but she is sounding out words over my shoulder.

After the service I have declared it movie afternoon/evening, and we are watching old Christmas movies like Holiday Inn, White Christmas and Christmas in Connecticut. We have watched Miracle on 34th St. twice already. G really likes that one.

If it would stop raining I would be happy. My parents are heading to my sister's tomorrow sometime. Not sure when we will do Christmas with them. Maybe after they come home so we can prolong the fun. So now off to finish getting ready for the evening! Have a wonderful Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Wow Miss G is reading!!! That is awesome.

Enjoy your movies! And have a wonderful Christmas. Huge hugs to you both from all of us here in snowy Canada.
XOXOXO!
Vivian, Corey and Kerri

Eliza2006 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! Eliza is up with leg pain semi-frequently. I'm assuming it's growing pains. A little motrin always does the trick!