Monday, December 07, 2009

It Really Is a Spiritual Battle

And I think I am failing. So last Sunday I committed to give the tithe to my church on income (gross) even though I am currently unemployed. I have been giving to three ministries but not the full tithe each month. So this past week my car started smelling. Apparently there seems to be a small transmission leak. I prayed that God would hold my car together until I got a job and either could afford the repairs or a newish car. I really was hoping God would hold it together for me.

This past Sunday with my tithe check written in my purse I was waiting for the children's Sunday School people to show up so I could drop off G. One of the ladies in my own Sunday School class stopped by to talk and handed me an envelope and said, "Merry Christmas." I thanked her and put what I assumed was a Christmas card only in my bag. I forgot about it. After church I rememberd the card and when I opened it there was a $100 bill. WOW! Thank You God for that grace You showed me through one of Your servants.

Turn the page now on Monday, I drop G off at the school for the bus and notice smoke coming from under the hood of my car. It stops long enough for me to get home and now I have to take it to the garage hoping the little bit of driving I am doing won't cause flames! I have no money to pay for repairs. I need a car if I ever get a job. I have no prospects on a job. I have no creative outlet or money to start my own deal. It is Christmas coming up the whole "Most Wonderful Time OF the YEAR" ya' know and I have debtors calling me up to 8 times a day. (Yes I know I owe the money and will pay what I can which is not much). Now the car I need desparately is broken with no money to pay. Yippee!

As soon as I am back home I will post the promised pictures of Santa and G. At least someone has hope, huh?

Mondays Suck!

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

I am praying you find something soon, and that your money woes will come to an end!

Catching Butterflies 3 said...

I remember a time I had zero money. No car, no money for the rent and I made my Christmas tree out of colored paper. It was a hard time but God also showed up in amazing ways. I know God will provide everything you need...and G will have a good Christmas. She has already been given the greatest gift, her family. Maybe it will be others people that give her gifts this year, but that’s ok. I pray you find work soon, do not lose heart.