Wednesday, December 09, 2009

No Room, NO ROOM

We do not have any room to put up a Christmas tree this year because of a train table that came this summer and some hand-me-down clothing that graciously came our way but really needs to be stored for 3 years until G grows into them.

So yesterday, I painted our Christmas tree. Then it got too wet to actually finish with painting ornaments etc so I have to wait. Then tonight G and I started making a small paper chain (that G kept calling a key chain) to tape to the tree when we are ready to make it a bit more 3 dimensional. G asked why the star couldn't be yellow. Well our real star for our real fake tree is red.



Yesterday, when I couldn't paint anything else on the tree but still wanted to paint and had one last clean canvas, I painted the background to I am not sure what I will paint on it later. I am thinking maybe a night time church scene with lots of stars. The shine is not painted but the flash of the camera.
I also cleaned up a copy of a Chinese painting but then they all were too wet to add any more paint. I will have to keep working on that one too.
By the time I finished painting, it was only 10:30 a.m. and I cursed my luck for having WAAAYYY too much time left in the day, heh. I really had thought it was much later like at least lunch time. So I figured it was lunch time somewhere and went to fix noodles.
My parents paid to have my car fixed and so far it was only $240. I say "only" because he fixed the cheapest possibility. The mechanic said it could either be one of two things but he wasn't totally sure so he fixed the cheaper of the two and said to watch it. My parents trust him and since they are paying for it I will too. One time though one of the mechanics at the same place put my brake pads on backwards to another car and then they wouldn't fix it when I found out what had happened. He is a rather gruff fellow too. Again though, beggars can't be choosers so I will remain the lowly beggar in this situation and not complain be grateful.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

What a special memory you are making for Glenys by creating this Christmas tree and handmade ornaments. Very special, indeed.

Hope your car works well now. Repairs can be so costly and it is hard to know who to trust.

Sharon said...

Bev, you are an artist!! And what a great idea when there is no room and low funds too. What a fantastic thing you are teaching your daughter. Such a creative and fun thing to do together., You might have started a new tradition for even when you one day do have room again.

And the blog is looking gorgeous!!