Thursday, December 31, 2009

So Long 2009

Don't let the door smack your rotten arse on the way out!

2010 cannot be as bad as 2009 which for me is ranking as the WORST year of my life, and there are few years that can even be compared in this worst category even though I have had bad years before, hasn't everyone?

I am not thinking that 2010 is going to be a magical year or that there will be anything spectacular but I just can't fathom that 2010 will be any worse than 2009. The thing is, we are at bottom so we can only go up from here right?

Okay so you wanna hear another Christmas miracle? My parents bought G (at my request) a portable DVD player that upon opening didn't actually have sound. So my mom and I took it back only to find out that there are no more of this brand. Instead we were able to swap it for a def. upgrade, a digital TV with DVD player. G can get real TV now instead of just having to watch movies.

Way back in 1995 I turned my TV off; it seemed to suck my time and energy away. I have a TV but no cable, no antenna, no digital converter or satellite. We have a TV (and I have had a TV) for movies only and only in the last three years did we get a DVD player.

So back to the little 7 inch digital TV, G will love having Qubo anyway and PBS now instead of only and always relying on movies for her entertainment. She asked me last week why we didn't have TV like grammie and grandad, heh. Of course we still don't as they have satellite and we def won't have that.

So maybe tomorrow or the next day I will post my plans for the new year. Tonight I am going to dinner with a friend and her hubs then watch Sherlock Holmes. G called her grammie and very pitifully begged her way into a sleepover tonight. I totally planned my evening after the fact and thankfully my friend and her hubby didn't have in stone plans.

So don't get too crazy my interweb friends. Have a safe and happy new year's eve.

3 comments:

Super Mommy said...

I'm with ya on this 100% - don't think 2010 can be any worse than 2009. Praying for a better year for all of us!

Vivian M said...

2009 was the worst year ever! I am so glad it is over.

Congrats to Miss G on her new TV!

Hope you had a wonderful time at your friends' home and that 2010 brings you positive change and all good things.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am praying that this year brings you a wonderful job and even more blessings with your sweet Glenys. Love you Bev.