Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Suspense, It Must Be Killing You

So did you wonder about the possible job and interview outcome? Well, no phone call and no offer. YIPPEE! That is a blessing in disguise you know. See how I worry even when there was truly no need to worry.

Friday, I received a call/message from a headhunter when I was here. I got back in touch with him around 5:30ish that evening. There is a possible position in a town about 45 mins to an hour away from me that may be a good possibility. I would love to be considered for it, but so far (today on Tuesday) I haven't heard anything. I don't know how slow or how quick they move or if I am even eligible for it.

Right now I am sipping steamed vanilla milk as it is way too late for a hit of coffee in it though the last two nights I have drunk coffee late. I also felt the affects when my feet kept moving long after I went to bed, heh.

I had to go out and pick up the last three little items for the teacher gifts. Did I mention somewhere that G has 5 different teachers who actually teach her during the week? If I didn't I will now, G has 5 different teachers every week who actually teach her something in kindergarten. We didn't have 5 teachers or even close to that until 6th grade and then it was only 3. So yea, 5 teacher gifts. I managed well before this happened to buy 5 very inexpensive (deeply clearanced) items from the bullseye store but three of them were decorative only vases. Today I found plastic flowers to go in them for three teachers. Two gifts are ceramic things that says something about happiness is good health and a bad memory. I thought that was perfect for a kindergarten teacher, heh.

Today outside winter returned. Yesterday I thought we were heading into an Indian summer but alas today, it is freakin' cold. It has gotten colder by the hour even, thus the need for a late afternoon steamed milk.

Tomorrow I will post about G's first basketball practice with pictures. Let me just state for the record, I am so very glad I did not volunteer to coach or help or really be around in any way because teaching six 5/6 year olds how to play basketball and the whole concept of teamwork would make my head explode. Maybe there needs to be a wonderpets series on it.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Good luck with the head hunter! It's quite the commute, but not unheard of.