Saturday, December 26, 2009

This Is the House that G Built

And other after Christmas ramblings. G's grandad bought G a Dora fishing pole, a real fishing pole. Yes, she is excited about her own fishing pole.

The picture though with the biggest smile was over the Lego set that created that house. It came with three books of instructions for the three different houses. G put this house together yesterday and is currently working on another house today.

We watched all but one DVD yesterday and one DVD twice. We are watching the last DVD right now which is a dragon movie grandad picked out for G. Yes it is scary with evil incantations and the ultimate battle of good and evil.

We also played two of our games, Chinese checkers (G won) and mancala (our new fav.). By the way anyone who knows the rules of mancala please e-mail me at bdm9370 at yahoo dot com.
What I want to know is the rule about moving pieces into or out of cups that has only 1 piece or into a cup with a lot of pieces. See G and I were tying an awful lot and that just doesn't seem right somehow. I already know that the object is not clearing your own side first but in gathering the most pieces so I got that part. There also has to be some rule about hoarding or not hoarding pieces and which cups go first?? I have looked on line and read our instructions, both were a bit skimpy.

G has a new favorite movie- The Secret Garden. It is a cartoon version and pretty well done. I can't wait until she is ready to read the book with me.

4 comments:

Marla said...

Looks like everyone had a great Christmas!
Legos are a hit around our house too.
Love the gingerhood, funny how they never look like the box, but do make for great memories.
Have a wonderful New Years!

Vivian M said...

Wow, what an incredible house! Miss G is very talented, indeed!

Heather BT said...

Love the Secret Garden, I can't tell you how many times i've read that.
Blessed holidays blog friend.

Super Mommy said...

Okay - I think G is going to be an Engineer! She has some awesome talent for sure! My girls would have loved a real fishing pole too, they've been asking me to take them fishing for sometime now.