Friday, January 15, 2010

So Much Happening in the World

Gosh, Haiti, wow! Not much to say except pray and give if you can. Also some folks are talking about texting the gifts, don't do that. The companies will wait to collect your gift from your bill before giving it to Haiti so your gift via text could take from 30 days to 90 days to make it and that is way too long. Go to sites like Compassion International, World Vision, Samaritan's Purse or KLove for a bigger list of sites to donate.

Then what is up in MA? It is turning into a Coakley V. Brown race. After all it is hers to lose. She is a terrible candidate as much as she is a terrible AG (Hmmm, similar thoughts here courtesy of Instapundit). Seriously she can't even spell the state for which she is running.

Now, about me, isn't it always? I am still in limbo hell with regard to the duality duplicitous nature of the unemployment claim filing. I have no determination in TN and AR won't talk to me either. TN center when I call gives me the we are too busy to answer any calls right now. And they are only open from 8 to 4 anyway so the call volume is so high 5 days a week that I have yet to speak to a person about my claim that is now over 5 business days old. I can't use the automated system either because I have no claim determination. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

And Comcast raised their rates, WTH? In a down economy with over 10% unemployment and they raise their rates?!?!?!?! Nice customer appreciation there. But I think I am stuck for I know of no other good option around this area that is cheaper. I will be on the hunt though.

And for the newest attempt at bringing in income go here. This was/is a totally risk free venture but will require harder push on my end (which I totally don't mind). It is an excellent side business for anyone needing extra income by the way.

2 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Sorry your in unemployment limbo...can you go down there in person to speak with someone?

I hate Comcast...just got them in Aug. I'm switching back to satellite tv - it is cheaper - check out DishNet.

Vivian M said...

Oy, maybe you need to go in person to talk about your claim! I hope you get an answer soon.
Thanks for the heads up about the text delays for Haiti.
I have no recommendations, since I am not in the States. Hope you find something more affordable!