Friday, January 01, 2010

Two Words For You-

Sherlock Holmes
(okay, maybe a few more words)
The Best Movie Ever!
Oh and Happy First Day of 2010.
A friend and I went to see this movie last night. Robert Downey Jr. plays Sherlock Holmes and Jude Law plays Dr. Watson. Wonderfully casted I must say. I LURVES Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes. There was excitement and great acting and lovely London scenes from the 1800s. The very brilliant mentally tortured Holmes fit RDJ well or rather he fit the part well. If you have any plans for a movie go see it. There is a lot of violence in it though so be warned.
At $9.50 for the movie and $4 for the coffee to sip while enjoying it I really can't afford the luxury but it was New Year's Eve, the end of the suckiest of sucky years and G was spending the night with her Grammie and Grandad. So while my parents bought G a new pair of tennis shoes, not that hers had holes in them or anything they just looked ragged, I spent the last bit of unemployment off the card for this week on myself at a movie! Yes, I am selfish, but the movie was so good and so very funny and well, so very worth it.
Then after the movie we headed back to my friend's house to have tea and watch Letterman with her hubby who was totally not feeling well enough to go to the movie with us. I was on my way home with 10 mins to spare to the new year. I did see it come in only because I was having to clean up a mess left by my very sleepy cats who decided to punish my not going to bed early by wetting the floor, thankyouverymuch. I saw about an hour of the day before finally heading off to sleep where I continued to dream about the movie.

3 comments:

Super Mommy said...

Happy New Year!! Thanks for the review - I too love RDJ - I am so glad he's cleaned up his act, so to speak. Don't beat yourself up for going out on your last bit of UE...you deserve it!

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year to you & G!! :-) Hope it's a great one!

Vivian M said...

Happy New Year! And you have nothing to feel selfish about!

Sounds like we will have to wait until it comes out on DVD...will add it to my must-see list, thanks!