Friday, February 19, 2010

I Absolutely Do Not Believe In Luck


I may throw the word around but I truly don't believe in it. I also am not a believer in coincidences. I do believe that at the right time God breaks in our lives in sometimes humanly incomprehensible ways that we explain away wrongly as "coincidences" or "luck." I can't explain the reason that I am currently in this situation other than a bad economy and more people are also affected, it's not just me. I can't answer the question Why did God let this happen? whatever the "this" may be but I can tell you where God was at the time "this" happened. He was on His throne, He was in the moment with the person going through "this," He is nearby no matter how it feels.


Dr. John Townsend has written a wonderful book "Where Is God?" that gives clarity to the question. God cannot be put in a box nor defined by the human finite mind but He wrote a book of 66 love letters to tell us all about Him and His love for us. Dr. Townsend brings alive that Book in his book to help us find God when we feel totally alone, isolated in our problems, looking around for solutions that do not come quickly or not at all.
If you are hurting or know someone with questions this is the best book to help. It came at a very dark time for me and like I said, I don't believe in coincidences or luck, so I know God broke through at that time in my life.
I received this book in return for this review.

No comments: