Monday, March 29, 2010

Fun Weekend

I have pictures to post but will have to do that later. G and I had a great time in KY. We were near Paducah (which I didn't know until on the way there). My friend's 11 year old daughter was staying there with her grandparents so we drove up with my friend to pick her up, basically, and stayed the weekend. My friend treated us to everything even to G's first 3D movie: "How to Train a Dragon". That was a very good movie. G didn't much like the glasses after a bit, and she was over the movie before it was over. She liked the movie generally speaking. I think it was a bit over her head. I would recommend the movie for 6 and up or mature 5's and up.

We went to a beach to walk in the sand and collect shells (G's favorite part of the trip). I got to take a 2 hour nap, Saturday. G and the 11 year old collected some worms to bring to G's grandad (oh yes she did). G also played volleyball and basketball with the 11 year old. Many checker games were played and many movies watched (DVDs). It was a very restful weekend, but I am still tired because you can't catch up on sleep (though sleeplessness is or feels to be cumulative; sleeping though, not so much).

G is now back to school and I am fully back to the food give away. We have less than 30 slots to go to 400 people, yippee! I will start calling volunteers this week and make sure the paperwork is all correct. After April 9 I will be able to catch up and comment on all my fav. blogs!!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Glad you were able to get away, even if you only got one nap! I always need a vacation from a vacation.
I appreciate the feedback about the movie, I was going to take Kerri to see it but I think I will wait now.
Welcome home!