Saturday, April 03, 2010

Bad End to a Good Friday

My mom fell yesterday and broke the ball off the tip of her femur. She had been in the floor playing with G and was attempting to get up. Her feet got tangled in her flip-flops and down she landed on her left hip. G was going to spend the night as I was going to meet my tutor when dad called. I arrived back home to see the ambulance pull away. Dad followed in the car while G and I finished tidying up and making up their bed. Then we headed to the hospital only to not be allowed to see her at all due to G's age.

We talked to her on the phone and she was in extreme pain and crying (though she denied that). G said she sounded like an old lady. I had to agree. So she has since been moved to a larger hospital in big city for the surgery which as of this posting hasn't happened. The fall happened at 5:20pm ish(Dad called me at 5:23 by the car clock) and she has only been stabilized and given lots of drugs for pain. By the way, strong drugs and my mom don't agree.

Oh and she told a friend that if that was the way the Lord wanted her to go she was ready. So she may have felt like leaving because of a broken hip but really there should be no reason for her to leave this soon!! Her bone density test was good when she had that, she is healthy and exercises every day, she has a good attitude and there is no reason this should be what takes her. Yes she is 66 but if you saw her you wouldn't think that necessarily!

Pray hard for my mom and the doctors who will do the surgery. Pray also for my dad to let us help him and for his strength in caring for his wife. He is such an independent person and a bit strong headed not letting us help him even in simple ways. Pray for G because when I picked her up she said it was her fault because she had asked Grammie to play in the floor with her. I have explained that only if she pushed grammie or didn't pick something up after being told to do so it would have been her fault but since she didn't it is totally not her fault! Thankfully Obamacare hasn't taken effect yet!

7 comments:

Lindy said...

So sorry about your mom. I broke my foot wearing flip flops. I won't wear them any more!!

Stephanie Boaz said...

I hope your mom will be okay, and that the surgery goes well!

cheepette8 said...

I'm praying for your mom and for G (and for you and your dad). I hope everything is alright.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

I hope she gets better quickly and everything with the surgery goes well. Keep us updated. Thinking of all of you.

Super Mommy said...

Sorry to hear this news about your mom...praying for all of you.

Mama Duck said...

So sorry to hear about your mom! I'll be praying for her!

Vivian M said...

I am sendign Miss G a great big hug, and one for you too.
Sending prayers for your parents, and hope your Mom recovers quickly!