Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Gone

G actually pulled her own tooth today. When I picked her up from school she said her tooth was totally able to lay flat. I knew then it had to come out. Sadly my plan was to video it but I didn't have my camera in the car when I got her. On the way to the hospital she asked if she could pull it herself and I said, "Sure." So she did. It barely bled. She said, "I will be called minus one tooth because that one is puln." You know "puln" as in the past tense of "to pull." G asked me if she looked like a 6 year old. I agreed she does!


In other news, mom should be home by Friday if not sooner. She is worried though about forgetting to not do things like bending down or facing the toilet to flush and causing that joint back out of socket. She also says she needs something on her bed to help her up. She may have to sleep in another room for several weeks due to the bed height etc.
But she feels better and her rash is healing. She said it is very depressing to see the other folks in therapy with her because they are much worse off, like the 38 year old stroke victim and the 41 year old paraplegic (both of these people we know personally from high
school).

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woohoo on G's tooth and your mom coming home. She does look like a 6 yr old now :). Still praying for your mom when she comes home. I know it's going to be a long road for her.

Kristin said...

Yay for losing a tooth! A very big deal in a little girl's world....


And yay for the news on your mom!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Love the toothless picture... so grown up! I'm glad your mom will be coming back home soon.. I'm sure it will be an ordeal though.. I hope she heals fast!

Super Mommy said...

Yay G for pulling her tooth! Jade wouldn't and wouldn't let me touch her (at least the first 3).

Awesome news about your mom coming home. I'm sure she will be fine once she gets there!

Vivian M said...

Congratulations Miss G on losing (puln)your first tooth!

And great news that your Mom is leaving the hospital. I think she will be more comfortable in her own home.

Stephanie Boaz said...

Glad your mom is doing so much better and can look forward to coming home in a few days. I hope she heals quickly.

Yay for G's tooth!