Thursday, April 22, 2010

You Are 6 Today

Where did the time go? Seems to me it speeds up every year. Begging time to slow down isn't working. I know you don't want to grow up any more than I want you to, G, (at least that is what you tell me). If only Neverland were true...

Once upon a time a princess was born in China, and I was given the privilege of raising her as my daughter. How lucky I am to be your mom. You are a fun kiddo with a strong personality and a quirky sense of humor. I enjoy hanging out with you, Goose.

I love that you are creative. I hope you will become more aggressive with your art work and really do more on your own. I pray that you will continue to learn and do well in school without getting too bored or too burdened. I pray that you will remain safe in this world and come to know the One Who can bring you safely into the next.

On this your 6th birthday, I wish for you many more birthdays to celebrate, to talk about, to plan. But if I could make one thing known, maybe just one slight request, SLOW DOWN; I am not ready for you to grow up!!!! Too bad the bricks on the head don't actually work, heh.

5 comments:

Amy said...

They really grow too fast! It's impossible to stop!

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday Miss G!!!!

And yes, time goes by too quickly and our girls grow up so fast!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Happy Birthday G!!!!!! Hope you have a great day with your Mom:)

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet 6 year old!

Kimmie said...

And here come the tears. I love your letter to G, and I know exactly how you feel. Hope she had a great day. Miss you guys!