Friday, July 09, 2010

Update on the Interview

I am fairly certain I didn't get the job. I can base that on the manager telling me up front, "You don't want to work here." She told me that I was basically overqualified for the $8.50 hour job, that it was chaotic so I wouldn't enjoy it even though she enjoys it and has since she was 17, that something must be terribly wrong with me to not have a job with all that experience, and "why can't you be a counselor somewhere?" "I didn't know you needed a license to do that." So yea, big flop. Not to mention that it is actually only a temporary job for October when a regular employee goes out on maternity.

Then I also found out today that the grant I have been secretly waiting on isn't coming and the director knew it last Friday. So, um, yea, that is a no go too. So I don't think I am eligible for the tier 3 benefits even if they kick in so I am stuffed out of luck, if you know what I mean. I will be applying at Wally world and the other place I hate that has a wal in it. Other people do it, so can I.

Thanks for your prayers, concerns and encouragement. I have to figure out something to do and right now all I wish to do is withdraw into a ball and never come out. This much stress tends to shut me down. Oh and I broke my coffee carafe when I washed it by dropping it in the sink accidentally. And aunt flo came today bringing uncle severepain and cousins swell and ing.

5 comments:

Stephanie Boaz said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. :( I was so hoping and praying that this would be the one, even if only for a short while until something else turns up. We will keep praying.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Beverly...my heart is just broken for you. I don't have any new words for this situation because I know at this point trusting in Him is oh so difficult. It would be for me too. I am praying....I am trusting in Him to provide for your little family...I know He has a plan. Praying that we can hold your arms up and stand in the gap for you while you are feeling tired and defeated. Big hugs and love my friend.

Heather BT said...

Prayers my friend.

BTW check your thrift store for a coffee carafe, ours has them all the time.

I just hate the waiting, I know you've been praying for a long time.

Take care of yourself

Heather BT said...

Prayers my friend.

BTW check your thrift store for a coffee carafe, ours has them all the time.

I just hate the waiting, I know you've been praying for a long time.

Take care of yourself

Vivian M said...

Oh dear, I was so hoping things would start to look up. Please do not give up, I know it is hard right now but you have a little girl that loves you, find strength in her love.
We will continue praying and sending you positive thoughts. And as for that manager, ugh. I remember when hubby was unemployed and overqualified and he had to "dumb down" his resume to take a lesser paying job - and beg them to hire him despite the fact that they knew it. It is a very humbling and stressful experience. This too shall pass.
Chin up friend, you can do it!