Friday, September 03, 2010

40 Is the New 30

So today is the day I left one decade for another. How do I feel? Last night going to bed I was singing the Cure's "Friday I'm in Love" over and over much to G's amusement. I asked G what she was going to do for my birthday and she said, "I can't do anything because Grammie isn't here." I asked her if she would sing happy birthday to me and she said I could do it myself. So much for birthday wishes, heh.

Anyway, back to how do I feel? Private thoughts actually don't wish to share now. Grateful that I have G and a place to live.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go pick food and stuff out at the Food Bank for the ministry where I volunteer. That was awesome. What was even more awesome was that I was allowed to take for me and G some of the food and stuff. Found out G really likes croissants. The bread and refrigerated stuff is totally free and the frozen and dry stuff is WAY discounted. I was able to get good coffee (*bux) for me.

Also, yesterday my cappuccino maker stopped steaming which means I couldn't make my coffee like I like. So thanks to a gift from my mom I was at least able to buy a new machine. Is this too much whine? Sorry. Oh and I am dressed from head to toe in purple; because when I am old I shall wear purple.

Oh but a friend is going to give us a 10 gallon fish tank, why? Because she has a spare. G has wanted a fish or any pet really on top of the cats, dog, butterflies/caterpillar and whatnot. So when she is able (thanks, K) to find time I will be adding fish to our house.

Tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, G and I are heading to the zoo. Fun times, don't be hatin'.

7 comments:

Stephanie Boaz said...

Happy Birthday! May this be the start of a great decade for you and G. :)

Vivian M said...

Happy birthday Beverly! You have finally caught up to my hubby, lol.

Kristin said...

Welcome to the 40's! Been here for a few years and am still standing....mostly. =)

I hope you have a great birthday weekend!

Lauri said...

Happy Birthday

I love my 40's

Vicki said...

You will be forever young. I can't imagine that you're changing the 3 for a 4.
Thanks for stopping by the blog to check in.
And NO...that was NOT the last throwing incident. Are you kidding? Ha.
By the way...have you been communicating w/Donna during this time? OMG. I NEVER imagined that people would, as someone posted on RQ, feel an "entitlement" to judge. Ick. Bless her heart. In all honestly, we'd ALL be criticized by snippets of tv filming. I hope she can recover from the heartbreak that she said she's felt...to see that others can and will be inspired, possibly, to adopt an older child.
Happy B'day,
Vicki and Emily

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 40 on the 5th....still standing so far :-)......can't believe how much older G is looking - what happened to that little girl? Amazing how time flies! She is still as beautiful as ever!