Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gathering Bits and Pieces

Christmas is coming and this year like the last few will be for me anyway not fun all about frugality. Last year on TV G saw the perfect brownie maker and really wanted it for Christmas. Nevermind that she doesn't really eat brownies, I do, but she really wanted it. No she didn't get one. However, this is a new year and thanks to the ministry where I volunteer, G will now get an "As Seen on TV" Perfect Brownie Maker. No kidding. I was walking through the warehouse for another reason and spotted it altogether in the box complete so I asked if I could have it explaining G's desire for it and voila, I was blessed with it.

So far, I have gathered games and books for G's Christmas (most free or deeply discounted). She has asked for two things that I now can only remember one of, poop. I am a bit forgetful these days.

She has actually asked for the Little Pet Shop house thing (the big one) for the past two Christmases. I have been able to put this request off by Santa's gift of the Littlest Pet Shop's castle thing on deeeeeeep discount. But thanks to the Happy Meal toys she has a few more of the Little Pet Shops and now is back on the request for the big house. Did you know there was a difference? There is.

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh that is so wonderful...what a blessing to get the brownie maker!!!! Praying for you friend:)