Friday, December 17, 2010

Guess Who Lost a Tooth?

This makes her third tooth gone. It was really really loose and the one beside it is pretty loose too. She had to go to the nurses office yesterday before the Christmas party at school because "it was bloodin'."


She said this morning, "Look mama, I got my blink back." When I brushed her teeth last night I new it was ready to come out. I offered to pull it for her but she wanted to do it herself. She tried and apparently it made a sound or hurt a bit because she didn't do it. So I got a floss stick and played with it until it popped out. I am not sure who was more surprised. She didn't realize it came out until I told her to spit it out before she swallowed it.

And wouldn't you know the tooth fairy was cash-poor. So we wrote a note and said if a trinket would be better then G was okay with that. We had seen "Jane and the Dragon" (excellent cartoon by the way) where the Princess lost a tooth with the tooth fairy bringing her a trinket not money. G decided that children in Africa really don't have a lot of store to buy things so the tooth fairy must leave trinkets for them as well so why not her too. So the trinket was a magnetic hangman game. G was so shocked that the tooth fairy knew she loved hangman.

Oh and yesterday Santa told her he had seen her sing at the program (which I will need to blog about with pictures this weekend) and it blew G's mind. "How did he see me, mama?"

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Too funny. Sophie lost a tooth at school yesterday. It was really loose and she just pulled it out. The trinket idea is a great one.

Vivian M said...

Congrats on losing another tooth!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Aww.....I like the trinket idea better than money anyway. Lottie is so anxious to lose a tooth although I can't figure out why? ha ha