Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Basketball Started

G started basketball practice last night and in the words of my dad, "It's gonna be a long season." Two boys seem to be very very young so there's that. One boy, a first grader, didn't even know how to bounce a ball. Maybe not a fair comparison but G was bouncing balls at almost 3. Of course she is extremely talented and coordinated just not aggressive!

No pictures of practice but she will have her first game in a week and half or so. Not really looking forward to it.

In other news, my bosses changed the office hours to 9-5. I had a great thing going at 8-4 but now I am stuck in a 9-5 pattern beginning Monday. G doesn't like it and neither do I. We will have to see what happens with the after school sitter and homework concerns. We still are busy 3 nights a week and losing that hour a night does not help; especially since G's school start is still 8am, which she thinks is HIGHLY unfair.

So anyhoo, that is the latest in the house!

2 comments:

Steph B said...

Oh, bummer about the change in job hours! Maybe they will reconsider. Is your job position permanent now? I seem to recall it started as a contract position, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I hope you're enjoying your work! Take care.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Well, this season of basketball should be interesting at least:)

Sorry about the change in hours but so thankful you have a paying job!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya girl:)