Monday, January 24, 2011

The Good Women of China by Xinran

This is a very difficult book to read. I would say that for our daughters who came from an orphanage based on the stories of the women in this book they were truly saved by being adopted. That does not mean that the parents went to save a child by adoption but based on the potential for a terrible life based on what I read in this book leaving a child in an orphanage to age out in China is absolutely a disastrous decision for that child.

If her new book coming out in March is like this one, gear up for very painful facts or stories and be ready to process very hard things.

I will be saving this book for G to read when she is much older. MUCH OLDER!

I bought this book with my own b-day gift card and have not been asked to review this or even give my opinion but I am giving it.

No comments: