Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still Sick

Well G isn't sporting a fever but that darned mucus is still around. Last night I was freezing so I turned the heat up to 64. That did it. 5 minutes later G threw up all over the bed, herself, in her hair and then I gagged for several minutes before I could get myself together to clean it all up. Seriously, I hate throw up. I had to wash G's hair, give her a clothing change and change the sheets. Then G proceeded to scream at me until snot came out of her nose for 45 mins while I washed/combed her hair and changed the sheets.

She had been asleep about 50 mins when she threw up, not once but twice. So to say she was still tired is an understatement. But I didn't handle any of it well. Actually, I was doing well in the beginning with sympathy and patience but it didn't last. After I combed her now washed hair out, I tried to put her hair up on top of her head so if she got sick again I wouldn't have to wash it all over, but she screamed hysterically at me until I (in frustration and anger) took it out. Yeah, I am not proud of my reaction. There is no defense for my frustration because she was sick and very tired.

She did proceed to scream at me about wanting to go back to bed even though it wasn't made back up yet and she stunk like throw up. She kept telling me she didn't throw up and she faked it and there wasn't food bits in her hair when I could obviously see it and smell it. YUCK and I am still gagging thinking of it.

I apologized to her this morning as we rocked and her hair did get put back up before she fell back to sleep because after I took it down she screamed hysterically for me to put it right back up. And thankfully she didn't get sick again last night but I froze the rest of the night! I guess that was my pay back for not handling her screaming at me well.

3 comments:

Steph B said...

Bev - I'm so sorry, sounds awful for both of you. I have a screamer, too, and understand the stress that comes with being screamed at like that. Please don't be too hard on yourself, you are only human, and can only be patient, kind and loving for so long when dealing with throw up and screaming in the middle of the night. Take care.

Vivian M said...

What a difficult night for both of you. Hope she is feeling better!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Bless your heart Bev....throw up is no fun. Praying she is feeling better soon and that God protects her from all of these sick germs at school!