Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Doing the Wasp Dance

Ever heard of it? G and I attended a small wedding of some friends and on the back porch lived a wasp that was the inspiration for this dance, heh. Looking closely you can see the wasp near her head so it was a real threat. Her dance though was too funny and she and I enjoyed looking at the picture over and over.

G was so excited Saturday when she woke up. She asked me what the day was and when I told her she said, "Oh good I get to go to the wedding, play basketball and see Grammie and Grandad." She had thought it was Thursday so it was a very good surprise for her.

Sunday we went to another town with my parents to visit my great aunt who has been in the hospital over 2 weeks due to a flip of her small intestines and then gangrene. She lost most of her small intestines and then the hospital discharged her to rehab but she wasn't physically ready for rehab. She is not yet out of the woods and has pneumonia now. Pleas pray for her.

Also, there is a single A-mom of two girls from China who is dying of cancer in Conway, AR. I don't think she will mind me telling you about her. Her oldest daughter is 14 and the youngest is 10 or 11 I think. She needs prayer as do the children. There is a way to contact her if you wish to do so and want to know names etc leave me a comment with your e-mail and name and I will let you know more information. The e-mails are being printed and read to her. She is a friend of my sister's first and the model my parents saw as a single mom adopting that helped them stand behind G's adoption. So she did play a role in my adopting G. Of course shortly after she came home her familial support fell apart. She has friends still as support but her girls now will lose another mom and this was the forever mom, such a tender age to have such loss. Pray for her and like I said if you wish to send encouragement to her (FYI she was raised Catholic) please contact me with your e-mail and name I will give you the info.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I would love to pray for her and her girls. I too am single with 2 girls born in China and Catholic. May God bless them all.