Friday, February 18, 2011

G Conversations

Yesterday morning G said, "I know who you take after." I said, "Who." She said, "Grammie, because you are short and fat."

Then she said, "Who do I take after?" and before I could say anything she said, "And don't say my China family." Of course I did and she said, "I said, 'Don't say that.'"

I hugged her really tight and said, "But you have their genes and not the jeans you wear!" Sometimes this belonging thing is hard to do.

This morning after a bad night (that entailed hysterical screaming, jumping up and down all over whether or not she would read her required story to me) I told G how good our morning was and didn't she wish we could have a good night too? She said, "We would if we did everything I wanted."

We are still working on who is in charge, apparently. One of us knows but the other not so much.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

She is a smart one! You have your hands full, lol.

And genes are not everything, because Kerri is exactly like her Daddy - she takes after him. :o)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I think that Lottie must sneak into your house at night. Your nights sound like my nights:(

Also, Lottie so much wants to come from our family and not in China. It is really hard isn't it?