Monday, February 28, 2011

Preparing for the Storm


Some kind person mentioned that a t-shirt placed on the dog during or prior to a storm may keep said dog calm. Well the storm hit at 5:30 this morning and shirt or no shirt said dog was not calm. I will say that the shirt kept the dog calm during the night and she seemed to even sleep better which meant I slept better as well.

I put another t-shirt on her for the kennel today. I am praying she won't try to struggle out of it and end up strangling herself. She managed to eat the ironing board cover yesterday from within her kennel. She also didn't mind me putting the shirt on her. She sat still and really didn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

Oh and that is Simon who is one of the most calm, laid back cats I have ever owned. He is really a very cool cat. His full name is Simon Rusty a take off of Salman Rushdie, author of the Satanic Verses that caused a fatwa to be issued on him which forced him some what under ground.

1 comment:

Kikilia said...

The only thing that helped my dog who was afraid of storms... pills, from the vet. I'd give her one about an hour before the storm and she was usually loopy enough by the time the storm hit that hiding under the bed or a table was good enough for her.

It was much better than the constant "I don't know what to do- I'm terrified" mode.