Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Update and Have I Ever Mentioned...

I hate Valentine's Day? I am much more tolerant of it now with G and actually give her small gifts but I really don't like Valentine's Day. Some women at work brought Valentine cards for co-workers and although the thought is nice, I think it is a bit weird. Happy Valentine's Day and I hope your day is filled with a whole lotta chocolate!

Update on the weekend, G participated in a pancake breakfast to raise money for a children's home in our home state. She looks like she is having a blast huh? She had a basketball game right after the breakfast too. She didn't make a basket but it wasn't for lack of trying. She really is becoming more aggressive on the court.

Then we took off for a CNY family day celebration that culminated in a trolley ride back closer to our car. The trolley ride wasn't actually part of the celebration but it was fun.

Then we headed east to get more seaweed snack and promptly got stuck in traffic for over an hour. G and I played a game where I say a word or phrase and she has to describe from her own mind what she sees in as much detail as she can provide. I am hoping that will help her to be creative and not just artistic. At one point I asked her what Heaven looked like and she said, "This may not be right but I think it looks like a big hotel where we have our own rooms and toys and blankie and bunny are there and grammie and grandad are next to us. Then in the middle is a big Jesus crown and out a door is a yard with a swing, slide, baseball, soccer, basketball and football." I think she may have it more right than she knows.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I love Miss G's description of heaven! Sounds like all her favorite things on earth. :o)