Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello, I Am a Professional Blogger (wanna be)

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ashworth College for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

Had no idea there was a certification for that.  Ashworth College has the certification to make what we all do for fun something worthy to include in a resume.  In 6 months time you could earn a Professional Blogging Career Diploma from Ashworth College.  Can you imagine taking what you do for fun and turning it into a profession?  Isn't that the dream of every entrepreneur-wanna-be like me?   Real entrepreneurs do exactly that, don't they?

Seriously, I love blogging for the record keeping and the other bloggers I "meet."  I love freebies as well, but what if I could do so much more with the credentials behind my name to make blogging not just a hobby? Oh the possibilities are endless.

I have actually made a little bit of money on a few of my posts.  It hasn't been  much but enough sometimes for a week's worth of *bucks lattes.  I have even, when putting the post amounts together, been able to put gas in the SUV a time or two.  I am not yet big enough, however, to demand huge sums for my posts but with this certification, who knows?  That maybe around the next corner, and the dream of self-employment could be the next phase of my life.

I think had I taken a professional course I might would have set the blog up differently and learned more quickly about privacy within the blog, storage of photos and videos etc.  It would have been nice to know something up front as opposed to learning on the fly but on the fly I did learn.  Maybe I will seriously check into this when I have a new computer at home and time to do it and money to pay for it and stop making excuses already!

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: