Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Speech Therapist Update

So the ST evaluated G at her school and as I thought since there is no adverse impact on her grades she will not qualify for speech. But what I wanted was some exercises or info on how to help. All the ST told me was what I already knew and that is nothing is wrong with G's speech. She is at age appropriate speech for now. And G didn't tell her how embarrassed it makes her to say those words so the ST is not up to speed on the emotional side of it. Either the teacher didn't make it clear or she just didn't pick up on it.

I tried again to tell G she has nothing to be ashamed of or worried about that it is normal. She is normal in her speech. I don't think it worked. We are still going to see my mom's friend who is the next level ST just for some helpful hints.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

I hope you get some tips to help boost Miss G's confidence.