Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthday Updates

On Friday (I happened to be off work) we had a birthday breakfast for G. We first put a candle in a bisquit to sing then after the cupcakes were ready (later) we did the candle again properly this time.

The first gift G opened was the bunk bed made by my dad and mom for her bitty twins. Then she opened the outfits: two soccer sets, two crocks, and two sets of pjs. Twins are so expensive, heh. She was so surprised and pleased. The beds are light and dad left them as a blank canvas for her to decorate the foot and head boards.




Then G and I made "sports" cupcakes, you know basketball, karate orange belt and soccer. I believe they would have been cake wreck material (oh yes they would) had I bothered to photograph them. They may have looked a bit like wrecks, G even called my basketball a spider, but they were pretty tasty.



Saturday, I took G and a friend for a day in the big city. We started at a museum that was showing a Taste of China exhibit including a make and fly your own kite day. That was fun. G made a catfish kite and her friend made a butterfly.


Then we headed to most every 7 year-old's favorite luncheon spot, McDs, for a lovely lunch of fries and nuggets. Then off to the pottery place to paint lovely plates and crosses.

G had wanted an elephant so I had copied one for her to paint on a plate. Her friend wanted to do something for her own mom so she picked a cross and painted it. I have to pick them up next week.

We had cupcakes after the pottery at GiGis where the icing to cupcke ratio is 1:1. That is a lot of icing, by the way. Then we three headed to a coffee shop because by this time I needed a pick me up and then off to the zoo for a couple of hours. All in all it was a very busy day such that G fell promptly to sleep the minute she was still in bed.

She did proclaim this the best birthday ever so I guess it was a G-success!

4 comments:

Steph B said...

Sounds like a great day!! :-)

Jennifer said...

So very cute! Happy Birthday again little G.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what a special day!!!! You are such a fun and creative Mom Bev...you really are! Happy Birthday little G!!!

Sharon Ankerich said...

Happy birthday to a very beautiful girl!!! She and EK would LOVE playing babies and AG's together!!! :)