Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Neighbors Are True Gifts


Our neighbor, who is a jewel to have living beside us, gave G a gift. It is a very used gift, loved by the original owner, but a gift non the less. I mean used in that he didn't spend a lot of money on it thankfully, (because he does sometimes spend more than I think he should on G for gifts) but he handed down his grandson's basketball goal. His grandson has spent many a long day playing basketball in his grandad's drive until he became a teenager with a life and a girlfriend, that is.

He actually told us a bit ago that we could have it, but my dad hadn't had a chance to move it to our yard until yesterday. When we came home G was so excited to get out there but we didn't have a basketball at our house because the Upward ball she received this year, and the one her grandad bought her were at my parent's house. Or so we thought. When I opened the front door there sat the Upward ball waiting for G to play.

Of course G didn't want to be outside by herself so I sat outside a while with her until the mosquitoes were just unbearable. So now G has a front yard basketball court to keep her busy after school!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow what a great gift, amazing, so many blesses just waiting to happen from even right next door...

Kristin said...

How fun! We got a basketball goal from our neighbors too. My big kids loved it....and then we moved and left it behind. Sigh. Need to get another one for the little girls. Neighbors sure can be great!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what a thoughtful neighbor...it makes me smile to think that your neighbor buys G gifts:) I love how God places just the right people in our lives!

Vivian M said...

What a great gift!