Thursday, April 07, 2011

Overheard

I happen to work in a building where there is an IRS office. I overheard an IRS employee telling the security guard that she and her co-workers were thrilled with the prospect of getting shut down. You know why? They will still get paid just not right now. She is happy because they get a longer weekend or a mini vacation.

I am all over the shut down. I think we need to all go John Galt on the government. Sadly I don't think I would be one of the ones taken away. I am very book smart and can see things but when it comes to making money from nothing like some people have a gift for I have none of that.

Anyway, the whole government shut down scare by the liberals just ticks me off. Lets start with the essential personnel, get rid of the non-essentials and build our government from there as Bill Whittle said in not so many words. If someone is non-essential then get rid of them. Most of us who experienced a lay-off experienced it because that particular company felt we were non-essential and could do without us. I know it hurts to look at it that way but boiled down unless the company went out of business that is exactly what happened. So lets do it to the government and see how much we can save!!

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I come to your blog to check on you and Miss G but also to catch up on the latest current events.

Greg says I am much like Emma in the big people world in that I wake up in a new world each day. SO I rely on smart people like you to keep me updated:) lol (true story)

Love you girl!!!
P.S. I hope they don't shut down until we get our tax refund....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!