Friday, July 29, 2011

G is Coming Home and I Baked Bread


G should be here by tomorrow. They should be on the road now with plans to stay with relatives on the way tonight. I hope she is able to sleep some in the car and stay entertained.

I am so excited. I can't wait to hold her. She is asking already though, what is she going to do when she gets home? I have no entertainment plans at all for her. I have no entertainment plans for me either.

I may suggest helping me bake a loaf of rosemary bread with actual bread flour not just self-rising like I made last night. It took 3 hours or just over 3 hours from start to finish so like at 9:30pm I was trying to figure out how to get the thing cool enough to put in a bag for freshness without the condensation. I was only some what successful.

I haven't tasted it yet because I had already gotten ready for bed and brushed my teeth. I so didn't completely follow the recipe I found. I changed the basil from dry to fresh (all I had), the minced garlic to powdered (didn't have minced garlic), didn't have white whole wheat (only brown), no bread flour (only self rising), and no egg for the egg wash. Oh well. It looked pretty and even this morning my kitchen still smelled wonderful!

I think I may try this again tonight but first find bread flour. Any tips would be welcomed.

2 comments:

Catching Butterflies 3 said...

Maybe wash the bread with egg white before you bake it.

Vivian M said...

For more color, beat an egg and brush the bread with the egg. It will turn the crust a nice golden brown!