Thursday, September 29, 2011

G Conversations

Heard last night:

G: Mama, you remember I'm smart?
Me: Yeah?
G: Well, when I have to do hard stuff I don't use my smarts.

G often starts a conversation with "Mama, do you remember ..." One morning she said, "Mama, do you remember Grandaddy?" So I answered as any smart aleck curious mom would answer, I said, "Umm, no I don't believe I remember grandaddy." And turns out that was the wrong answer for the absolute dramtics it produced. So the answer is always a "yes I do remember" even if in reality I really don't remember.

And for clarification, Grandaddy is my dad who is alive and well, thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

I love the conversations, and am glad you are documenting them for Miss G to read someday! I remember when she was just a twinkle in your eye! ;o)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I swear sometimes I think Lottie and G came out of the same womb:)