Sunday, October 30, 2011

Yesterday While at My Mom's...



I found this drawing G had done. Apparently, G and my dad were having a drawing competition. See who won? She made herself a first place ribbon to put on it as well. G does really well in art anyway. Sometimes however I am surprised at how well she does.


One thing that surprises me is her creativity. When I am around she ALWAYS asks me to tell her what to draw. Even if I say "no" a thousand times she still wants me to tell her what to draw.


Now don't get me wrong, I am never opposed to helping her but mostly I would like for her creative juices to flow. She can really get demanding even going to the bargaining lengths, you know, "Just this one time, PLEASE tell me what to draw." It gets old really fast.


When G gets an idea she is truly a bull dog about it and won't let it go and I don't mean with regard to a creative idea. I mean she tends to get fixated to the point that sometimes I wonder if she even remembers for what she started asking/demanding.


But back to this drawing, she is only 7 and I love the details with the things in the backgound. I couldn't do this well at my age now, much less at 7.

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

That is really amazing Bev. Lottie still draws stick figures:)

Vivian M said...

Kerri is creative too, she definitely did not learn that from me! Beautiful drawing Miss G!