Saturday, December 03, 2011

Necessary and Needed Updates.

Thanksgiving we spent with my parents. Mom seems to now be almost over her vertigo thankfully. G and I put up her Christmas tree the Friday after Thanksgiving. I took no pictures but should have since G was dressed in shorts, flip flops and a T-shirt. It was unseasonably warm that day. Then of course is snowed three days later. It is back up to high 50s low 60s today. Mom and G planted pansies that were a gift from my aunt.

I am on my 3rd temp assignment at this point, started the Monday before Thanksgiving. Large company long term possibility but I am not hopeful. The second temp assignment was supposed to be through the end of the year but didn't last that long. I had promised to not look for anything or take any time off during that assignment but the total assignment ended up lasting only 3 weeks total (hours wise and pay wise). Then I was off between assignments with no income for 2 1/2 weeks the first time and then 2 weeks 3 days weeks the next time. It has been financially difficult and I won't lie. Seems to happen right here at Christmas.

Thankfully while I was working I was able to snag somethings early in the year for G for Christmas and thanks to my mother's bday present G now will get everything on her Christmas list. It wasn't long to begin with. She really likes stuff but she is fairly content with just a few things.

With the gift from my parents I was able to get us the Kindle Fire which I now am loving. G will get some of the craft things she longs for with the rest of the Christmas money that will be from my parents to her.

I have my Christmas cards but haven't mailed them. Left them home accidentally today when we came to my mom's. I can't seem to get everything I want to do in the same place at the same time that I am thinking of it. Must be age.

The house sold and I closed with no tears last Monday. It was a short sale and I am still required (which I know I owe) to pay over the next two years the second mtg I had on it. Will never own another house ever never ever again. Will never buy a house in a bubble again. Had a dream that we had to move at the end of this month because I sold the house then I had to wake up to remember that we didn't sell the house we are in.


G has three different groups to walk with in the local town's Christmas parade. One is with the school's honor students. This year we will walk with them. Next year maybe with another group like her Karate group and maybe the next year with GAs that is if they all participate again. G has way more social events than I do.

This new job has a breakfast with Santa opportunity that I signed us up to attend. I think G will receive a special gift left at my desk from him that day. G has decided she wants an elf on the shelf so now I have to find one. New tradition? I am always up for that.


G drew this Santa at school in art class. I was very impressed with it. It is now hanging up on the wall of Christmas (that tends to stay up all year).

2 comments:

Vivian M said...

Hoping and praying that you have permanent work soon. Sorry about the house, but I guess that is better than foreclosure or bankruptcy. :o(
So what kind of crafts does Miss G like to do?

Catching Butterflies 3 said...

I would like to send your mom a game for her new Wii. E-mail me your address at amy_heymann@yahoo.de
and I'll send her a game for Christmas. Tell me what she wants.
I also want to say how proud I am of you for hanging in there. I know it has been hard to lose your house and fight to keep working. I pray you find a real job that you enjoy.