Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Santa Visit with a Surprise







Today G and I went to Breakfast with Santa where I am currently temp-ing. There were so many activities and even a picture with Santa. The food was pretty good too. As you can see in this picture, Santa left something for G at my desk.


She had never asked for one of the little tattlers before this year. She e-mailed Santa this year though and asked for one. Since Santa was coming to work anyway, he just left it with a letter for G. Her face turned bright red and she got REAL quiet. Since then however she hasn't stopped talking about it. His name is Candycane and he "looks like" her with dark-ish skin, black hair and brown eyes.


G is on the verge of not believing and I think this may be the last year of true belief. Two boys in her class already told her Santa isn't real. I know the boys are trouble makers anyway so I was able to deflect their words. She is 7 after all and still wants to believe. I do constantly tell her the history of St. Nick who actually was a true person, bishop I believe who did give gifts to help poor individuals.


Anyway, this was a fun day for G. She made several ornaments, shopped in the Secret Santa gift shop (all of this was free by the way). She even got her presents wrapped. I hope this temp assignment turns to be permanent even though it is much farther than I wish.


Now all that is left is to register Candycane at the North Pole. I will have to give reports on Candycane sans photos this week and upload pics next Saturday. First report is tonight. G said she hoped she didn't have a meltdown tonight, heh. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Oh what fun! Glad it turned out really nice. What is a tattler?